Welcome to Couponlikeaman.com

Twitter #coupons

This forum is for those who shop and coupon with an EBT card. Here are some facts:

EBT cards are for use on food items only. When food and non-food items are purchased in the same transaction, the EBT card gets scanned and pays for the food items; a second method of payment is required for the non-food items.

EBT cards do not recognize coupons. So, for example, if you have a $20 transaction ($10 food and $10 non-food) and $5 worth of food coupons, the EBT card will still deduct $10 from your transaction ($5 goes towards the remaining food cost, and $5 goes towards the non-food purchases).

If you are using coupons, and you do not want your EBT card to help pay for non-food items, you will need to separate your food and non-food purchases into two separate transactions.

Questions, comments, suggestions, etc. welcome!

Views: 4710

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha guys, I jusy double dipped at walgreens using my food card. I bought 16 bags of doritos for $13.98 and they also gave me 6000 points which is six dollars. I paid them 9,00 dollars worth of RR and 5.00 dollars on my food card. What a rush. I got free doritos because they gave me back in points what I paid them. 

Thanks, got go hit them up. My kids love doritos.

I know many people here on clam have snap benefits (food stamps) i stumbled upon some interesting infomation on WUC.Well you can buy real fruit trees and plants on ebt at walmart.

i want to know cause i know here you can

Coupondiablo said:

I know many people here on clam have snap benefits (food stamps) i stumbled upon some interesting infomation on WUC.Well you can buy real fruit trees and plants on ebt at walmart.

Yes you can buy fruit and vegetable plants with ebt card. You can also buy seeds to plant your own vegetable garden.

Im glad I found this forum jsut got my fs back and Im sure that with coupons I can finagle a way to pay my phone bill each month with food qs lol yesssss!

hey can we start having a forum for ebt deals weekly?

I would like to c your receipt so I can wrap my brain around this ebt/coupon thing.....could really use a gas card......does this scenario work at walmart?

shemika said:

If anyone wants to see a receipt for an example....I have one to show

Do I have to physically add a gc to my ebt purchase or will the diff in coupons vs ebt automatically give me a gc?

Rob said:

I was just noticing at my grocery store that they have all the prepaid cards (phone etc...) I bet you could buy phone services to the extent you had man coupons. 

Example $100 in food items, $15+ in coupons, $15 in phone card 

I bet that the EBT card would cover total

Why isn't it ok to ask the cashier this question? 
Laurel (M) said:

Faye, no, this is NOT a question you would want to ask the CVS cashiers :)

fo fo luvs dawn! said:

I am going to cvs in a bit i will ask

Laurel said:

yolene, are you asking if you can purchase a gift card with your EBT card? I don't know if you can; does anyone else know?

Hide yo stuff it's yolene said:

I love this do we know if it works on gc

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Rob.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service