I followed the steps below to fix my java printing problem.. So posting in case this helps someone else.
1. Start/Control Panel
2. Click on Programs and Features
3. Scoll through the list and click on any installed versions of JAVA that you see one at a time and click the uninstall button at the top. Keep doing this until all installed version of java no longer appear in that list
4. Then save the jre-6u38-windows-i586-iftw.exe file that I have attached to this post
5. Run it and install this version of java
6. Then save the jre-7u9-windows-i586-iftw.exe that is attached to this post and run that
7. Once it is installed go to http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp to verify that your java is working.
8. You may be prompted to activate a plugin, click activate
9. If you get a message it is successfully installed then everything is working again.
You should be able to print again.